The Miniaturist - Review


I noticed this gorgeous looking hardback while browsing in Watersones alongside a recommendation for those who had loved The Night Circus. At first I wasn't sure it would be my thing, but like any bibliophile in a bookshop presented with a pretty, enticing text, I couldn't resist.

It was a slow starter for me. My preference is for magic-realism, and I wasn't sure it fit with my expectations. Then around a third of the way in, I began to realise what it was and could barely put it down.

So many unexpected twists and a fantastic air of mystery. I sincerely would love to read a sequel (or prequel) detailing the story of the elusive Miniaturist and look forward to reading more by Jessie Burton in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Complete List of Penguin Clothbound Classics (Updated for 2017)

The Books which Inspired Studio Ghibli Films

The Toymakers by Robert Dinsdale - Book Review